More and more firms are marketing to customers as well as businesses so as to grow sales and increase their market share. Enterprises that either build a product or sell in larger quantities can benefit economies of scale and create vast margins selling direct to client instead of simply selling to businesses at a bulk discount.
One of the foremost but obvious used cases of merchandising to each businesses and customers is that the manufacturer typically cannot sell enough products direct to client to hide all sales and have faith in B2B sales. However, the benefit from the gross margin of operation the middleman with direct to client sales is too high to ignore.
Traditionally, many companies have split up their sites for B2B and B2C channels to simplify operations because the two markets were so different. Amazon even did this with a different wholesale URL. They eventually shut this site down and recently integrated B2B into the flagship amazon.com so now you can simply buy as a business and consumer. Why did they make this switch? Of course here must be some major benefit if the largest eCommerce company in the world made this decision.
BENEFITS OF HAVING B2B AND B2C SITE :
- A single site allows you to manage all your products in a single unique database. You may want to toggle between on and off for some products for certain users, not for all, or for B2B vs B2C clients… It is much easier to manage it via B2B and B2C system; rather than maintaining it in multiple catlogues
- You have to manage the whole of the entire process on only one theme and code base. Moreover, Its much more easier to manage a single site than two. Additional personalization is needed; but that consumes less time and efforts than maintaining two different sites.
- One of the key benefits of using B2B and B2C sites is you have only one site.. So, the clients needs to remember just a single site, single Brand to promote avoiding the confusion as where to go. This leads to easier mode for marketing and promotions.
- Sometimes there is lot of technical work to be done to make a single site work for both B2B and B2C. This is because with one website, you only have one place to integrate into systems like an ERP, CRM, and other systems. This makes your systems and integrations very consolidate, rather than running multiple websites, that needs separate integrations for respective sites.
- Online business has occupied the entire market today. Time is the main asset of an employee, and no one likes to waste this valuable time in travelling to a store and speaking about the product on the phone. Hence, the application launched, based on B2B and B2C business ethics, that allows costumer to search for the product, learn about the product and buy it for easy and convenient mode of payments, as per his needs.
The B2B and B2C site technology can simplify your business and helps you move forward faster in the eCommerce world.